Cara Delevinge (How I draw). Portrait.




Here are some notes I took about with the shading. This took about 2-3 hours to draw. 
1.) I sketch “Cara Delevegine” with my HB pencil. I am using her as a guide. And I say guide very loosely since I have trouble getting the likeness sometimes. 

2.) I shade in the eyes with my 2b pencil and around the eyes as well. 

3.) I blend with my blending stump and my tissues. 

4.) I use my 4b pencil to darken the shading but also shade lightly. 
5.) I blend with tissues and use my blending stump. 
6.) I shade a little darker with my 6b pencil. 
7.) I shade the whites of the eye with my gel roll pen white. 
8.) I blend around the eye with my tissues. 

I do the same thing to the other eye. 

The nose: 
1.) I shade with my H pencil. 
2.) I shade with my HB pencil and blend with tissues. 
3.) I move up to my 2b pencil. 
4.) I blend with tissues. 
5.) Then I shade with my 4b on the nose. 
6.) I create some highlights with my eraser and then blend with tissues. 
7.) I start shading slightly with my 6b pencil. 

Mouth: 
1.) I shade with my HB pencil 
2.) And then i blend with tissue. 
3.) Next I shade with my 2b pencil. 
4.) Then I darken with my 4b. 
5.) I blend with tissues. 
6.) then I shade with my 6b and then blend with tissues again. 

The Skin: 
1.) I start shading with my HB pencil.  (the left cheek.)
2.) Then I blend with tissues. 
3.) Next, I repeat as before using my 2b pencil. 
4.) I continue shading after my 2b pencil with 4b pencil. 
5.) I blend with tissue. 
6.) Next, I go up to my 6b pencil and shade lightly. 
7.) I blend with tissues. 

I continue to do this around the face-adding value and blending with stumps and tissues. 

Hair:
1.) I start shading with my hb pencil
2.) I blend with tissue.
3.) I shade with my 2b pencil.
4.) I blend with tissue.
5.) I shade with my 4b pencil  and then blend with tissue.
6.) I shade with my 6b pencil.
7) I blend with tissue.

I continue to do this with the chunks around the hair. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I draw realistic hair.