"Ashley Benson" portrait drawing. (How I draw.).

I used "Ashley Benson" as a guide for this drawing, not completely getting the "likeness." I started writing how I shade portraits down today. This took me three hours.





Today, I am drawing with my H, B, HB, 3b, and 8b pencils to give a bit of a range of value.

When I shade I hold the pencil a bit differently to get light shading. 

I am using toilet paper or regular tissues to blend the graphite. 

I am also using tortilions and blending stumps as well. 

Okay, so first things first-I start the sketch with my H pencil. H means hard, and it is the lightest pencil I’m using. I start drawing the eyes as first.

Next, I sketch the nose. 

After that, I start sketching the lips. I pay close attention to the personality and the expression to get likeness. 

Then I draw the outline of the face shape and then the hair shape. 

That was the sketch part one. 

Part Two: Shading! 

EYES: 
1.) I grab my B pencil and start shading the eyes. 
2.) I shade the iris with my tortillions. 
3.) I blend the shading with the tissues. 
4.) I shade in the eyebrows with my B pencil. 
5.) I darken the shading with my HB pencil. 
6.) I used the white gel pen for the white of the eyes and the highlight of the eyes. 
7.)  I use the 3b pencil to add the value to the eyelashes. 

The eyes are done! 

Now the nose. I shaded a little bit on the nose while doing the eyes. But I only shaded by using the torillion. 

THE NOSE: 
1.) I shade with my H pencil along the nose to give LIGHT value. 
2.) Next, I blend with tissues. 
3.) Then I go over shading with my B pencil. 
4.) I blend with tissues. 
5.) Next, I shade with my H Pencil over the B pencil. 
6.) Then I blend with tissue again. 

The nose is done! 

The lips: 
1.) i use my tissues to blend the lips to give base shading. 
2.) I shade with my H pencil and build up the shading
3.) I blend with tissues
4.)  Then I shade some details with my B pencil. 

THE FEATURES ARE DONE! 

Part three: 
Shading the face. 
1.) I use my H and put a base down for the left cheek. 
2.) I blend with tissues
3.) Next, I shade with my B pencil the shadows. 
4.) After that I shade in the HB pencil. 
5.) Next, I shade the right cheek following the same directions as above =). 

Part four hair!
I start with highlights and shade with my h pencil.



These notes are not "edited." but probably will edit a little more clearly after vacation. These are just notes for me to look back if I decide to shade like this again =). Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I draw realistic hair.