How to shade a value scale with Graphite pencils.














HOW TO DRAW VALUE SCALES FOR PENCILS HB-9B. 

1.) The first pencil I will start with is my HB pencil using circles. 

Creating the scale: 
2.) Grab the ruler and then measure out a line that is 8 inches. 
3.) Measure an inch from the top line for the bottom line. 
4.) So now I should have two lines that measure 1 inch apart. 
5.) Now, measure an inch eight times to create the boxes across. 
6.) Do the same for the bottom line. 
7.) Start connecting the lines to create the 8 boxes. 
8.) Label your boxes starting from the left 8-1-being number 1 is the lightest value (your paper.). 

SHADING: 
1.) I am starting with my HB pencil and using a pressure #2 and shading from the top left corner of the left box.

3.) Since I layered, I am not even going to use tissues or a blending stump to blend. =). 

I do the same thing with my 2b pencil (we will do 3b after 2b pencil.) i create the same boxes as I did with my HB pencil. I am continuing to shade using circles for the rest of the pencils. Also creating the same boxes for the pencil shading. 

4.) Up next is the 3b pencil. 

5.) Then I am doing 4b pencil. 

Note: This is taking me an hour to do the value scales. 
I am on the 5b pencil now. 

Finally I’ve done with the 9b pencil. How I go about this, I have 4 dark values for each pencil and 4 light values for each pencil. 
I had to get my second bristol paper for the last 3 pencils. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I draw realistic hair.